It’s Monday night and I feel like something light and nutritious to begin my week with. That may set the tone for the rest of the week. I choose Barramundi, a fish that is sourced from a local fish farm in Singapore. At this farm the barramundi are grown in richly oxygenated clean salt water which goes through natural filtration. The fish are not treated with hormones or antibiotics, pesticides or chemicals. This makes me feel like I am putting something that is truly cleanly nutritious into my body!
Barramundi has I have written before is considered a fatty fish, one that is high in Omega-3 fatty acids – the heart healthy fat. It has been recommended to have 200 gms of fatty fish a week. The Omega-3 fatty acids are also beneficial for brain health. So, do try to introduce fatty fish in your weekly diet.
This recipe is simple with just a few ingredients. So, it is easy to cook on a weeknight. You can marinade it a night before and leave it in the fridge till the evening or marinade it first thing in the morning.
- Lemon – 1 whole squeezed
- Olive oil – 2 tbsp
- Cracked black pepper – 1 tsp
- Dried red chilli peppers – 4 whole
- Sea salt – 1tsp
- Garlic – 4 whole pods
- Rosemary – 2 stalks
- Cherry tomatoes – 10 whole
- Barramundi – 1 kg whole
- Heat olive oil, garlic, rosemary, red chilli pepper, salt and pepper on low fire for 10 mins
- Let it cool
- Pour it over the fish and squeeze the lemon on top and marinade it for 30 mins to 2 hours
- Place the cherry tomatoes into the pan with the fish
- Pre-heat oven at 180C
- Grill for 20 mins
- Ready to serve!