This fleshy avocado salsa can be eaten for breakfast as avocados are a great source of fiber and can get your digestive tract moving in the morning. They also satiate you for longer.
In addition avocados are high in monounsaturated fats which are a ‘good fat’ that help reduce the risk of heart disease. These good fats also help the body absorb fat-soluble essential vitamins like A, D, E and K, so avocados if eaten with a variety of vegetables can enable these vitamins present in them to get efficiently absorbed by our bodies. In this recipe I have used bell peppers as they are rich in Vitamins A, E and K. And the cherry tomatoes have abundant Vitamins A and K as well. So, the good fats present in Avocados enable our bodies to absorb these vitamins optimally.
This salsa of course also goes well with Non-GMO corn tortillas for a snack or to serve at a party.
1/4 small onion
1 jalapeno pepper
¼ red bell pepper
6 cherry tomatoes
1 tbsp roasted sesame seeds
½ cup lime juice
½ tsp cracked black pepper
2 tsp cayenne pepper
1 heaped tsp sea salt
1 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp cold pressed extra virgin olive oil
1. Scoop out the avocados in big chunks into a bowl
2. Slice the jalapeno pepper
3. Slice the onion
4. Grill a quarter cut piece of red bell pepper together with cherry tomatoes in a tbsp of olive oil for 5 – 7 mins until the skin is soft but, not burnt
5. Toast a tbsp of sesame seeds in a pan till light brown
6. Combine 1-4 when the bell pepper and cherry tomatoes have cooled
7. Pour in the lime juice
8. Drizzle 2 tbsp of cold pressed extra virgin olive oil
9. Sprinkle the sesames seeds, cayenne pepper, black pepper and salt into the bowl and combine all the ingredients and let it sit for an hour before serving.
You can also keep it in the fridge, in an airtight glass container, for 3 days.