Bok choy the white chinese cabbage is a cruciferous vegetable and is rich in Vitamin C and K. It also has high fiber which is very beneficial for digestive health and is helpful in reducing the risk of chronic diseases. The miso adds probiotics to the dish, which help boost the healthful microbiome in our guts.
In this dish I have used miso to give it a salty and sweet umami flavour. In addition to this intensely savory taste it has a tangy flavour due to the lemon juice and vinegar. And the ginger gives this dish a spicy kick! It can be eaten with ginger brown rice on it’s own or as a side dish.
sesame seed oil – 1 tbsp
ginger minced – 1.5 tbsp
miso – 2 tbsp
lemon juice – 1 tbsp
rice vinegar – 1 tbsp
mirin – 4 tbsp
Bok choy stir fry
bok choy – 1 pound
sesame oil – 1 tbsp
- warm 1 tbsp of sesame oil in a pan
- add the ginger and miso and cook on low fire
- add lemon juice, rice vinegar and mirin and continue to cook for a few seconds
- in another pan heat 1 tbsp of sesame oil in a wok and throw in the bok choy for a few seconds
- place the bok choy in a dish and pour the miso sauce over it and serve!