The purple cauliflower, young kale and beetroot have been sourced directly from a small local organic farm called Quan Fa in Singapore. Do try to get locally grown organic vegetables as they are clean of pesticides. Also, buying locally the nutrients remain intact with less vitamin C lost during transportation.
These rich deep hues are so satisfying as you can be certain that you are taking in some important nutrients into your body. This gorgeous warm salad will boost your levels of Iron, Potassium, Vitamins Bs, C and K! In addition these vegetables will give you ample dietary fiber! We need fiber for our guts to function well and to support the good microbiota in our colon, enabling them to thrive.
The kale and purple cauliflower in this salad have abundant flavonoid compounds called Anthocyanin. These compounds help protect the body from oxidative stress and regulate cellular activity. The purple cauliflower also has more antioxidants than the regular white variety. This salad can be served warm with a chicken roast or grilled fish.
1 whole purple cauliflower – 400 gms
2 medium beetroot – 300 gms
Young kale – 250 gms
Olive oil – 2 tbsp
Garlic – 4 whole pods
Cracked black pepper – 1 tsp
Sea salt – 1 tsp
Lemon – 1
Rosemary – 1 bunch
Feta cheese – 100 gms
- Cut the cauliflower into separate florets with the stalks
- Peel the skin off the beetroot and slice it in round pieces
- Chop the kale into bite size pieces
- Place the cauliflower and beetroot in a baking dish
- Drizzle olive oil over it
- Peel the garlic pods and put them in the dish
- Squeeze lemon on the vegetables
- Sprinkle the rosemary leaves, black pepper and salt
- Then massage altogether with your hands
- Place the dish in the oven at 180 C for 15 minutes
- Then put in the kale and cook for a further 5 minutes
- Remove and crumble feta cheese on top and serve warm!